LCL cargo is quoted on the commodity you are shipping and the size of the piece or pieces that you are shipping. It is quoted based on how many Cubic Meters you will be shipping. The minimum for LCL cargo will be 1 Cubic Meter. Please see below to calculate the Cubic Meters of your shipment.
We can arrange for the cargo to be picked up at your facility or “door”. Again the charge would be based on the commodity, the size of the piece or pieces and the distance your “door” is to the terminal
In order to calculate the cubic meters of your shipment you will need the Length in Inches the Width in Inches and Height in Inches. The calculation is as follows:
There are primarily three options you would have for loading your container:
1. You can arrange to pick up the empty container at the closest terminal and return it fully loaded.
2. Live Load: This would entail Contamar using one of our truckers to pull the empty container at the closest terminal. The container would then be brought to your facility and the driver would wait there with the container as you load it. Upon completion of the container being loaded the driver would bring the loaded Container back to the terminal for further transport to its final destination.
3. Drop and Pick: This would entail the same as the above, but the trucker would drop the container off at your facility and come back for the loaded container two business days after.
* Please note that a drop and pick is more expensive than a Live Load. The reason being is that a Drop and Pick involves two moves. Where as a live load involves only 1 move.
** Please also note that a container can not be dropped unless you have an accesable fenced in facility. Containers can not be dropped on public streets.
There are primarily three options for shipping FCL cargo.
* Please contact us regarding any specialized equipment which would include 20’ or 40’ Flat Racks and 40’ Open Top Containers
** Please also contact us concerning any questions as to weight limits for FCL loads, it will vary depending on where the cargo is originating.
FCL Shipments are quoted a flat price based on the size of the equipment / container, the commodity you are shipping and the destination you are shipping to.